Thursday 14 June 2012

The Great Gatsby





What with the mingling of my favourite director, one of my favourite actresses and my favourite book that I've read this year has got me super excited. The only problem I have with this film is that I'll still be in Korea for its release date in December, so will probably have to wait even longer to see it. Sad times.

Being a literature student and everything it's with a shamedface that I admit I'd not read The Great Gatsby until recently. Thanks to a good friend who pointed out this really wasn't on, I bought it and decided to read it before I came over here.

I love this story because it heeds to the message that the one thing you never truly get over is the one thing that you never really had. Poor old Jay Gatsby. It seems that he is so tied up in chasing the nostalgic memories of his past love that he never really lives the colourful life that's right infront of him.

I don't want to spoil it for anyone that doesn't know the story too well but if Moulin Rouge and Romeo and Juliet are anything to go by then I CANNOT WAIT for this to be released!

No comments:

Post a Comment