Friday 11 April 2014

The Liebster Award

liebsterblogaward

When it rains, it pours. Last week my little blog was nominated for The Liebster Award by two blogs. First, thanks to Alison and Kenny from A + K Wanderlusts, and secondly to Jessica from The Bohemian Diaries. So big thanks to both! The reason behind the award is to introduce smaller blogs and to give the writers behind them a chance to share a bit more about themselves. So, here goes!
Mum's Mexican Fake Birthday
1. If you could travel back in time to one particular moment, what would it be? that One of my favourite moments travelling on this trip is when we were at the Salar De Uyuni Salt Flats. We'd just watched the sun come up, the guide had encouraged us to sit on the roof of the jeep as he drove. Then we saw a flock of flamingoes in the sky, every now and then you would see a bright flash of pink. We followed them for a while, and it really felt like it was only us and them around for miles!
2. If you had to fast forward to a point in your future for 10 minutes, what would it be? At the moment the thing that is playing most on my mind is whether or not I will get accepted onto the course I'm applying to do when I get back to the UK. So prolly that date in January, just to see if I should get lots of experience to help me with my application, or whether I should spend that time doing something else entirely!
3. You find $1,000 lying on the street. What’s the first thing you would do? Find the nicest hotel in our area and spend the day luxuriating!
4. Beach or mountains? (And you can’t say a mountain overlooking a beach, which is my go-to answer for this one). Definitely beach for me. I love the sun, and I've been hiking up lots of mountains recently and my achey legs need some bronzing time!
5. What is one trait that you are constantly improving upon? Patience, trying to learn that some things aren't immediately acheivable, and no matter what I do, I still have to wait sometimes!
6. What food could you simply not live without? My heart says cake but my head says bread!
7. What is your most embarrassing moment? (Well, the most embarrassing moment you’re willing to share). Recently, Nick and I met a really nice, well to do South African couple. They obviously had a bit of money and were a little older and retired. As there weren't many tables free, they asked if they could join us to eat breakfast. We were happily chatting away, when I had a little problem cutting my toast, so I got bit forceful. The toast split, and the momentum sent my scrambled eggs flying into this poor lady{s lap. She was very nice about it, but for the rest of the breakfast I could see her wiping her lap and secretly trying to clean herself up more. Ooops.
8. How would your best friend describe you in one sentence? It feels like I haven't seen any of my best friends in months, and absence makes the heart grow fonder, so hopefully they would describe me incredibly lovingly.
9. What destination is on the top of your travel list? Next would have to be New Zealand. I've heard it's really beautiful and it would be nice to travel somewhere English speaking for a while to give my whirring brain a rest from Spanish!
10. When was the last time you laughed so hard you cried? It has to be when Nick did an impression of how I walk. First off, I have terrible balance so I am always stumbling even on flat ground, and secondly he says I waddle more than walk. His impression of me walking always ends with a big crescendo of him laying with his face flat on the floor and lots of confused bystanders looking at him.
11. Describe your perfect day Wake up to see that the sun is shining. Have a nice long breakfast knowing I have nowhere to be. Read a little before going to meet friends at the beach or the park. Exploring a new place, before having a drink in a coffee shop. A nice dinner and drinks.

11 facts about me

1. When I was a waitress, I once served The Journey.

2. I am a bit of a giant, just under 6 feet tall. It makes me very easy to find in places like Korea and Bolivia.

3. If I could live in any city it would either be Koln in Germany or Montpellier in France.

4. On my first driving lesson, a pheasant flew out onto the road and I ducked. Oops.

5. My dissertation was about the Genre of Magical Realism and South America. As I travel, I realise how much of the history I was missing out on and cringe a bit at how I could have over looked it!

6. One year at school, when I was maybe 7, I had forgotten that it was photo day. My hair was in its usual unruly tangle, so I quickly tried to style it before I was snapped. The result was, it looked like I had a pile of dog poo on top of my head.

7. Monkeys and pigs freak me out. I really think that if they get the chance they might take over the world. Thanks to Planet of the Apes and Animal Farm.

8. Until I lived in Korea, I hated Ketchup with a passion and never ate it. It was only when they didn't have BBQ sauce or Brown sauce that I resorted to it, and realised that actually, it's pretty good!

9. I was one of the first members of the Sheffield Steel Roller Girls, and 1.5 years in I tore my ACL ligament meaning I couldn't play for a whole year.

10. I have written off one car, been involved in bumps with 3 other people, and about 20 grazes with walls and plant pots, but I still think I'm a good driver.

11. If I was on death row, my last meal would be battered sausage, chips and gravy from the chip shop. You can take the girl out of the North...

I nominate
1. Natasha from Oblio and Arrow.
2. Nova from A Blog About A Nova
3. Tiara from .Little Tiara.
4. Kandy from Knit and Destroy
5. Luke from Needle in the Hay
6. Abigail from Abigail and The Future
7. Naomi From Starry Eyes and Coffee Cups
8. Lucy from The New Northerner
9. Jessica from Todat was Meaningful
10. Juni from Hej Juni
11. Jennifer from Magic Cat Jenny

A Few Rules To Follow...Don't be Naughty!
1. Link back to the person who nominated you.
2. Answer the 11 questions given by the person who nominated you.
3. Post 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Pick 11 nominees with under 200 followers to answer your 11 questions.
5. Can’t nominate the person who nominated you!
6. Tell your 11 nominees you have nominated them.

Here are your questions
1. Which cartoon character do you secretly find attractive?
2. What's your zombie invasion plan?
3. Uh oh! The zombies annihilated your country. Which country would you like to live in?
4. Who would you pick as your celebrity grandad?
5. What's the most shocking country or place you've ever visited?
6. Musical guilty pleasure?
7. Too hot or too cold?
8. What were you doing when you discovered Michael Jackson died?
9. What was your childhood holiday destination? Have you, or would you go back?
10. You can only take one thing in your suitcase on holiday, what would it be?
11. What did you want to be when you were little?


Follow me...
fbbloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment