Monday 24 September 2012

Lessons I learned this weekend...


Korean people are incredibly honest and kind. I lost my phone last week, only to be told a couple of days later that it had been found in Nampo underground shopping centre and handed in. I was there ready and waiting for the lady to try and blackmail me with it, but she handed it over straight away and laughed at my garbled attempt to thank her in Korean.

The Autumn looks like it's going to be the best season in Korea. It's a little cooler, but still nice and sunny. I took advantage of it yesterday by having a drink outside a Twosome Place that's set in the leafy section of Kyungsungdae's university and then went wandering around the UN Memorial Cemetary.

Sometimes it's nice to just do whatever you want. Most weekends are a mad rush of trying to fit in the things you need to do, the things you want to do, and the social events that your friends have planned. This weekend I decided to be selfish and only do whatever I felt like. This included getting up late on Saturday, going for a skate, bag shopping and trying out a new cupcake shop. Very nice and relaxing!

You're never too old to go for a skate in Korea. When I got to the skate rink the only people that were there were two young girls and then a group of old men who seemed to like to race me. Later on I got talking to a Korean boy who was waiting for his friend at the basketball court who told me what all the old ajoshis had been saying about me (mainly that I was tall).

Billie Jeans in Haeundae is actually a really nice bar, and One Drop East is a great band to see live.

Attempting to have a beach nap at 2am in the morning is not a good idea. I was a major target for hungry mosquitoes and couldn't wake up Nick to be able to escape quite as quickly as I'd have liked to.

No comments:

Post a Comment