Wednesday 7 August 2013

Currently

Great Wall of China
Selfie on the Great Wall
I'm finally back from my Summer holidays, I'm still trying to sort the photos from the second leg of my holiday, no doubt I'll share them soon. But currently I'm...

Enjoying Summer camp. I can't believe it. Last year Summer camp was hands down the worst experience I had of my first year in Korea. Leading up to the start of this year's camp I was really, really worried, and the night before it started I literally couldn't sleep. But at the moment it's great! The classes fly by, the kids are great and are lots of fun to teach, and I get to finish at 1:15 everyday which means that I can be on the beach by 2. I could get used to this.

Not loving Busan's heat so much. I feel like I waited and waited for it to arrive and all of a sudden it has hit us. A sweltering and humid 34 degrees every day. I feel like I can only cope with places with the air con blasting or being on a beach without melting. Is it me or is it hotter and more humid than it was last year?

Reading The Blind Side by Michael Lewis. Now this is not really my choice of book. English books are hard to come by in Korea, and since my Kindle broke for a second time, I asked Tasha if I could borrow something that she'd picked up at the Beached book swap as she is a regular there. I don't know if I'm enjoying it or not, but I'm certainly learning a lot more about American Football than I ever thought I would. I didn't know that the blind side was football terminology. I thought the book was about an amazing blind footballer...who'd have thought it?

Watching a few things at the moment. I am trying to keep up with the 8th season of Dexter. Has anyone noticed that the character Yates was Jamie Maguire from the British Shameless? He does a terrible American accent! Tash and I have started to watch the third season of Gossip Girl, while I'm also watching the third season of The Wire AND season three of Luther...double doses of Stringer Bell!

Looking forward to another week off at the end of Summer camp. I'm toying with the idea of doing my first spot of solo travelling. Also, my mum arrives mid September for her second visit to Korea. I can't wait to see her and show her some of the new things I've found this year.

Recovering from my holiday. I didn't mention it in my last post but I had a terrible experience in the hostel in Beijing, where I had to share a room with three Chinese family members who were living in the hostel. They would get up so early and make so much noise that I had very little sleep. By the time I got to Kuala Lumpur I was really sick from the lack of sleep, so I'm only just starting to feel better again.  At the time the excitement was carrying me through, but as soon as I got back to Busan I could have slept for days on end!

What are you doing at the moment?

This idea was borrowed from Sometimes Sweet. One of my favourite blogs.

Follow me...
fbbloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment