Wednesday 28 August 2013

Korean Make up Trash, Treat or Stash: Skin Food's Argan Oil Silk Hair Mask Pack

Trash, Treat or Stash. The Korean make-up products I've discovered are better off in the bin, the ones you should treat yourself to every now and again, and the ones that are so good that you should definitely make sure you have a stash of them.

Skin Food's Argan Oil Silk Hair Mask Pack

I've just got back from a morning at the deserted beach as it seems that Summer's winding down and most people are back at work. It's been a hot Summer and lots of hours have been spent at the beach in the blazing sun, the scorching sand and the chilly waves. Add to that, the fact that my hair straighteners malfunctioned a couple of weeks ago and burned a lot of my hair, leaving my barnet crying out for some attention. I decided to give it some long overdue care and attention in the form of a hair mask, and settled on Skin Food's Argan Oil Silk Hair Mask Pack. I'd heard that Argan Oil was a miracle cure for hair s decided to give it a go.

Cost: This cost me ₩9,000 for a 200ml bottle. That's just under £6. It's a little more expensive than Etude House's Silk Scarf but I was interested in trying out an alternative.
Usability: The directions are really easy to follow and the bottle has English and Korean directions. Just add to your hair for 5 minutes after washing it. It doesn't recommend how often to use it, but as my hair was so crispy and fried, I've been using it every time I wash my hair.
Prettiness: I feel like Skin Food try to be quite natural and rustic with their packaging rather than cute and pink like Etude House. There are definitely no bunny shaped things in this shop. The smell is pretty neutral too and there is not much to like or dislike about it.
Effectiveness: My hair did feel so much better after I had used this a few times, although the mask hasn't really helped my burnt bit of hair, I suspect that nothing's going to be able to help that apart from a good cut. It doesn't leave the hair feeling greasy, despite the fact I'm using it about 4 times a week. It now feels soft and a little shinier which is a surprise after all the torture I've been putting it through.

TREAT

Overall: Treat yourself to this product if you've neglected your hair. I really liked how it left my hair feeling, and it wasn't too greasy. I would like it to have some sort of smell to it rather than nothing at all though and I'm yet to discover the true miracle of Argan Oil.

View the last Trash, Treat or Stash.

Follow me...
fbbloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment