Wednesday 6 November 2013

Korean Make up Trash, Treat or Stash: Tony Moly's Clean Dew Broccoli Sprout Cleansing Cream

Trash, Treat or Stash. The Korean make-up products I've discovered are better off in the bin, the ones you should treat yourself to every now and again, and the ones that are so good that you should definitely make sure you have a stash of them.

Broccoli Cream

Having run out of make up remover unexpectedly, I decided to turn to the stash of samples I had in my bathroom cupboard. I love that the make up shops in Korea stuff your bags full of freebies whenever you buy anything. Despite thinking that Broccoli cleansing cream sounded a little odd, and the mouthful of a name, it was so odd that I found it compelling. Plus who can resist a good old smiley broccoli face on your packaging? I liked it so much that I decided to go out and buy a big pot of the stuff and I'm not disappointed! This product claims to be full of Vitamin A and C, which adds 'dewy vitality' to your skin and removes impurities.

Cost: This cost ₩8,500 which is roughly £5. This is for a 200ml pot. Not bad, not great, but I feel like you're also paying for the novelty packaging here.
Usability: The product is really easy to use, apply a 50p piece amount to your face, massage in and then wipe off with a tissue or cotton wool. I like that it comes with English directions on the packet.
Prettiness: I adore the pot that it comes in, a small round green plant pot with a rubber sprig coming out the top. It is so cute and doesn't look out of place next to my cactus. The smell isn't as clean or fresh as I had expected, but it's not offensive to the nostrils either.
Effectiveness: I love removing my make up at the end of the day with this. Not just because it clears away my make up, but also because it leaves my skin feeling really soft and moisturised. My skin is naturally dry so it will take all the moisture it can get.

TREAT


Overall: If you have dry skin you should definitely treat it to some of this creamy goodness. I felt like it left my skin looking brighter and feeling a lot softer. I wouldn't recommend this to people with oily skin as I imagine it could aggravate any issues as it is quite a thick product. To remove a lot of eye make-up, I do have to use a bit more of the product which means it won't last as long as I would like, but I do really like the effect that it's had on my skin, and it can double up as a cleanser and moisturiser. So, if you have dry skin and fancy a new trinket for your room then I would definitely recommend this to you! If not, I think there are cheaper, more adaptable products to suit all skin types.

Follow me...
fbbloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment