Wednesday 13 November 2013

Korean Make up Trash, Treat or Stash: Etude House's Minnie Kissing Lips Lipstick

Trash, Treat or Stash. The Korean make-up products I've discovered are better off in the bin, the ones you should treat yourself to every now and again, and the ones that are so good that you should definitely make sure you have a stash of them.

Etude House Minnie Mouse LipsttickEtude House Minnie Mouse Lipstick

As soon as I saw the new display for the XOXO Minnie Collection in Etude House I wanted to buy it all. I love the packaging, especially the nail varnishes with teeny Mickey Mouse silhouettes on them. After swooning over the collection for a long time, I decided to go for the red lipstick, number 1 Minnie Red. You already know that I'm a sucker for red lipstick so that shouldn't be any surprise. On the display this looked like a deeper red, and I was tempted to buy the nail polish to match, but with just a couple of weeks left, it seems silly to be buying new things to take home.

Cost: This cost ₩9,000 which is just over £5, not bad for a Disney endorsed make-up product.
Prettiness: I was a little disappointed by the colour, as in the shop it appeared quite a burnt red, but when I put it on it was really bright red. However, the red is a really nice colour. I felt very war-time chic wearing this with a tiny bit of eyeliner. Plus, the packaging is really cute with white and red polka dots.
Effectiveness: The number one thing I liked about this lipstick was the fact that it did feel really moisturising and didn't give that cracked feel that other lipsticks can. The colour stayed put for a satisfactory amount of time and looked vivid until it was time for a top up!
TREAT
Overall:Comparing the Minnie Kissing Lips to the Dear My Blooming Lips Lipstick which I reviewed previously, I would definitely go with XOXO Minnie. This leaves your lips feeling in better condition for longer, and has the added bonus of the amazing packaging (I never thought anything could beat Dear My Blooming Lips). The Minnie range would also make a great gift to any friends who are Minnie fans if anyone's being organised and starting their Christmas Shop.



Follow me...
fbbloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment