Saturday 3 March 2012

Desert Island Decision Making



I never really gave much thought to the question about what items you'd take if you were stranded on a desert island- but it's kinda fitting at the moment as I madly search through my case, trying to cull anything that isn't really that necessary.

I thought packing would be easy with the additional time we've now got due to the delay with the visa, but I think it's turned into a curse. I'm neurotically looking through my suitcase to see if there is anything that I could really live without for a year - only to discover I haven't packed this or that, and add even more stuff, ignoring the groaning noise the zip seems to be making under all the pressure.

I'm realising there's a fine line between being prepared and being excessive. But really - it's absolutely vital that I take the glittery Toms and the camo ones... isn't it? I imagine it's kind of like a parent being forced to pick their favourite child, surely?

I've found dividing the stuff into what i actually need, and what I would like to take helps and let myself pick a few things out of the 'would like' pile. Here are the luxuries that have come up tops:

My skates, Cadbury's chocolate, teabags and a few films including;  Amelie, Moulin Rouge, Where the Wild Things are, My neighbour Totoro, Eternal Sunshine, The Notebook, The Little Mermaid and Lion King.




I'm just happy to have my kindle that my lovely Aviva colleagues bought me as a leaving present so I don't have to make the same decision with my books.

No comments:

Post a Comment