Saturday 17 March 2012

First Day in Busan

After 3 flights, one ride on the heathrow express and our first trip on a Korean bus in Seoul we finally arrived in Busan late Thursday night.

It's been a little bit bizarre since then - and I don't think it's just down to the sleep deprivation.

We were met yesterday morning at our apartment block by one of the teachers from the school, who had brought us an interesting breakfast of Shrimp burgers and Beef burgers.

After breakfast we met our fellow teachers, who all seemed really friendly- and then I was told it was time to meet the students. The other teachers had said the students were excited to meet us but I never expected gasps, claps and whooping!

The students were all really cute and I loved the questions they asked, the best ones being;
Have you had plastic surgery to make your eyes bigger?
How tall are you?
Do you know Harry Potter?

They would all gasp and clap when I answered. It's a bit daunting to think that I'll be teaching them next week! Eeeek!

Lunch was the first time we got to try traditional Korean food, rice, noodles, fish soup, kimchi and an egg dish...I think it will take some getting used to! We've resorted to stocking up on what we think are pot noodles and crisps until we get used to everything.
It was wet and dreary in Busan last night so I spent the evening unpacking my room and catching up on sleep.

Anyway, here's a few pics of the apartment...





2 comments:

  1. Wow, the kids love you! Hope the first day of teaching goes well.
    Did you tell them that you know Harry Potter ?! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fo sho! Today we played a guessing game where they had to ask me questions to guess who I was. They had the clues that I was female and English, their next question was 'Are you Emma Watson?'...they're almost as obsessed as you!

    ReplyDelete