Thursday 3 May 2012

환호 Cheers



One of my favourite nights out in Busan sort of crept up on me kinda unexpectedly.

Natasha and I have quite unashamedly been looking for some lovely Korean friends to show us places that are a little off the beaten track to the usual bars that we've been visiting and that you read about in the expat magazines.

Luckily, with a few shots of soju down me I become sickeningly happy and chatty, and it just so happened that one night I met an awesome girl who works at Eva's in KSU.

This week we finally got the chance to meet up, Tasha came along and Maybelle brought a friend along too. It was a night of good food, good conversation and lots of laughs as we compared England and Korea.

After dinner, she took us to this amazing bar, which i would love to tell everyone its whereabouts, but I can't quite remember...I guess I'll just have to go back again. There was quite a big queue of Korean students waiting to get in, but luckily the rain made them disperse and within 15 minutes we were in. It was wooden inside, decorated with fairy lights, plastic stools and had a toilet so small i couldn't physically stand up in it!

She explained they did awesome potato and pork snacks, so even though we had just had a hearty italian, we ate like we'd been imprisoned for at least 20 years. We drank flavoured makgeolli which is a rice wine and is delicious mixed with banana.

The last metro home certainly came around far too fast...

No comments:

Post a Comment