Thursday 31 May 2012

May

I can't believe that it's the last day of May today, where did it even go? It feels like this month's flown by scarily quick, but at the same time I can't believe how much we've managed to pack into our time. It's made me realise that this year is going to be over before we know it.
So this month was the first time I got my kit off and visited a jjimjilbang, which is a Korean spa where for the majority of the time you have to be publicly naked. It wasn't as scary as I'd built it up to be in my mind, although we haven't been back yet. I think I need to sort out my Baskin Robbins addiction before I go again.

We got ourselves out of bed super early (like 6:30) which I'm sure is the earliest that I've been up while I've been here, so we could walk across the Diamond Bridge. This is something that only happens once every year and I'm so glad that we managed to do it. The weather was perfect and the view was great. I also loved the glamorous brass band who not only were carrying their massive instruments the whole way, but were doing it all scantily clad in mini skirts and high heeled cow boy boots! Classy. Our second walk was far more difficult and made me feel like Indiana Jones. Seokbulsa temple and it's view made every bit of the struggle worthwhile though.

I feel like I've spent so much time sleeping on the beach this month that 'beach naps' should be listed as a new hobby of mine. I've not just been napping on the amazing beaches around Busan though, I've also been to a masquerade party on the beach which resulted in me having my first experience with a Korean doctor, and witnessing first hand the hypochondria of this strange little country.

We visited Seoul for the first time, although we only got to see the train station and the metro, which looked very much like any station in Busan, before we arrived at the World DJ Festival. We got caught up in our first extreme storm, which made me feel like an extra in a Final Destination movie.

Two birthdays were celebrated this month, Natasha's and Buddha's. Natasha wasn't the only one to get presents, as I was inundated with pity presents. I also treated myself to my beautiful new camera, which I am still trying to get the hang of. Not only that but I received 3 amazing care packages. The two I've mentioned are from Stacey and Pauline which have been like my favourite parts of England packed into a box.

We've met lots of amazing people that will probably just make my time go even faster, and sadly had to say goodbye to a couple too. I' have my fingers crossed that June turns out to be just as good...

No comments:

Post a Comment