Monday 4 August 2014

Weekend: Royal Ascot

Nick’s been working silly hours at the moment at a Summer school down at Ascot teaching foreign students, so I decided to go down and see him this weekend. When I arrived on Friday night I got to see all the amazing things that his students had said about him, and all the gifts that they had given him with, so he’s obviously making the hours count!

After finishing my first week at work in Norwich, I got on the train and made my way to London, then from London to Ascot. I eventually got there at 11 and we walked back to his school in the pitch black.
Ascot weekend
The school is in a very posh end of town, with lots of huge houses and leafy streets. I’d heard so many things about Ascot because of the races, but I’d never been before.
Ascot weekend
Ascot weekend
Ascot weekend
We had some catch up time before it was time for Nick to go to bed, as he has to work Saturday mornings too. His room really reminded me of being a student at Nottingham Trent with the tiny bed and desk.

He was up bright and early on Saturday, so I got up and did some bits and bobs that I had fallen behind with due to all the craziness of the last few weeks. Not before Nick brought me a very mismatched breakfast that he managed to sneak out from the canteen. Not quite sure if the ratio of jam to other products goes so well here!
Ascot weekend
Ascot weekend
When he had finished work at lunch time, we went for a walk around the small town and sat in the park and enjoyed the summer sun with a cider and some sweets. It seems like when the races aren't on at Ascot, there's really not much else happening!
Ascot weekend
Ascot weekend
Ascot weekend
Ascot weekend
Nick looked absolutely shattered, so we went for some Chinese food before going home and him falling to sleep by 9!

Sunday, wanting to escape Ascot all together, we took the train to Virginia Waters, bought some food for a picnic and took a walk around the lake. On the way to the lake we got a little lost amongst the private Wentworth Estate. Some of the houses we came across were amazing, very big and very grand. The people who live there must earn unimaginable amounts of money! It was a really nice afternoon, but made the time go so fast that before I knew it, it was time to rush home for me to get the train back to Norwich.
Ascot weekend
Ascot weekend
Ascot weekend
Ascot weekend
Ascot weekend
Ascot weekend
Ascot weekend
Only 3 more weeks before he joins me in the new house with his big sister, Kelly! Looking forward to it!

Follow me...
fbbloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment