Tuesday 14 January 2014

Blogging on the Go

Blogging on the go

We had yet another long coach ride the other day. This time we were leaving Cordoba and heading way up north to Puerto Iguazu where we can go and see Iguazu falls. I'm really excited about this part of our trip as not only does everyone say how beautiful it is, but we'll also get to go to Brazil for a day too!

It was a 21 hour bus journey, but luckily our bus was amazing. It had huge, reclining comfy seats and wi-fi too, which meant that I could have blogged while I'm on the move, what a treat! Sadly my battery wasn't charged enough for the buses super powers so I didn't get it done.

Recently I've been struggling to find a balance I've felt satisfied with in terms of my blog and travelling. I've been finding maintaining the blog incredibly hard for all sorts of reasons. And sadly I have seen a big decrease in readers since I've been here.

The main factor is time! I'm so busy enjoying myself and taking everything in, that It's hard to find the time to blog. Lots of times I try to type out a few nostalgic entries on buses taking me away from the places I've only just started to fall in love with. Then I add photos later when I get internet access, but it is usually the photo editing that takes the longest! Because I might write an entry days after things happen, I've been trying to jot what we've been up to in a notebook. To make time I usually have to set my alarm an hour earlier to get it done at the start of the day.

Also, because of the lack of time, I've not been able to interact with other bloggers as much as I used to, and I barely find the time to read other blogs. It's really helped me to work out my favourite blogs though, as these are the ones that I look at when I get a second!

The next thing I find really hard is doing it all on my tablet. I find the sites I used to use for photo editing, and even blogger itself don't work properly on the iPad, yet the apps don't offer all of the tools I need to style my posts like I used to at home. It can get a little frustrating and time consuming to flick between windows, copying and pasting to get everything just so. And also, the pesky autocorrect means that the amount of mistakes I make has probably increased 10 fold.

I love the fact that this balancing act is the biggest problem for me right now, and I'm not moaning about this opportunity or the fact that I still have people who are avidly interested in my adventures. I just hope that you can all bear with the irregular posting, the odd spelling mistake and lack of fancy photos while I'm busy exploring!

Im trying out lots of apps to make blogging life easier, so when I've picked a couple of my favourites, I'll share!

Follow me...
fbbloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment