Friday 3 January 2014

Buenos Aires Bits and Bobs


Nick and I have a long coach ride today so I am trying to remember some of the things from our BA trip that I hadn't mentioned.

It was really great to see Trina, a friend we met through Katie when she visited Busan. She has been travelling in South America for the past few months, so it was great to meet up with her. We went for a meal together in Palermo where we ate the biggest steak I've ever seen. It was the same size of a loaf of bread. With nick's black hole of a stomach though we were able to finish it!
Buenos aires December 2013
Buenos aires December 2013
We also met up with Trina for a night out to Las Bombas Del Tiempo, a weekly drumming event at Konex. The show was really good and it was great to have a good night out!
Buenos aires December 2013
We did a spot of shopping in the Palermo area, I love all the different styles and how cheap the clothes are here. We also stopped for an amazing Christmas Cupcake at a shop called Whoopie in Villa Crespa.
Buenos aires December 2013
Last Sunday we visited the San Telmo market on Defensa Street which was really good. The road was pedestrianised and hundreds of stalls set up shop. It was nice to stroll along and soak up the atmosphere. One of the car parks had been transformed into a BBQ area where Nick and I got to experience our first Choripan while watching a spot of tango!
Buenos aires December 2013
Buenos aires December 2013
Buenos aires December 2013
image
Buenos aires December 2013
I also forgot to mention that we went to El Ateneo, the book shop I was really looking forward to seeing. It's in an old theatre and is so beautiful to look at. We took so,e time out to have a milkshake in their cafe while we were there.
El ateneo book shop, Buenos Aires
El ateneo book shop, Buenos Aires
El ateneo book shop, Buenos Aires
El ateneo book shop, Buenos Aires
We finally left Buenos Aires for good today. It was really stormy last night with the loudest thunder that I'd ever heard. I think it's a mix of the lack of sleep and the weather that's made me feel so blue about living this city and our lovely hosts Antonio and Rosario! Hasta Luego BA!

We're now headed North to a city called Rosario, let's see what it has to offer!


Follow me...
fbbloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment