Thursday 12 December 2013

Fake Festivities: Part 1 Christmas!

December is a really big month on my calendar at home. Not only is it my birthday, it's my mum's birthday the day after, and then Christmas the following week! Phew! But with so much to celebrate, it does always make December feel like a special month for me.

So, this December, as I won't be at home for any of these celebrations, we decided to throw some fake parties. We don't want to miss out on all of the festive spirit! Especially as I'll probably be spending Christmas day in flip flops!

Fake Christmas is serious business at my mum's house. This was the second one that we had this year. As much as I miss home when I'm gone through the festive period, it's always nice to have an excuse to celebrate a second Christmas!

This year we woke up and opened our presents in our pajamas with a nice cup of tea. I'd told everyone not to buy me presents this year, as I won't be able to return them and I won't be able to take them with me. The only present I had to open was one from Gogo. What I lacked in presents, she made up in awesome little gifts!
Christmas Stocking
Christmas Pressies
Next it was time to get spruced up for the day, so I had a bath with my Lush Bath Wand. I love this product, it turns the water a candyfloss pink, smells great and is lots of fun to swirl the wand around. Although, I was slightly disappointed by the lack of fizz!
Lush Wand
Then it was time to put my Christmas dress on and to get in the kitchen. I had volunteered to make the dessert for our Christmas dinner. I'd spent a long time in the supermarket looking through recipe books for something tasty to make. I settled for a mango and meringue cake in Lorraine Pascale's book.
Christmas Tree
Fake Christmas
Fake Christmas
Christmas Collage
After being industrious in the kitchen, it was dinner time! We had an equally lazy afternoon, eating, drinking and NOT laughing very much at the rubbish jokes inside the crackers.
Fake Christmas
Fake Christmas
Fake Christmas
Fake Christmas weekend
Fake Christmas weekend
Next was dessert. Although it was fine, it wasn't anything to write home about. I definitely won't be making the meringues again. Sorry Lorraine!
Fake Christmas weekend
Fake Christmas weekend
After food induced naps it was time to get to work with some uncharactaristically Christmassy Spanish homework.The day was topped off by watching a Christmassy episode of Don't Tell The Bride. I love that program, but always think, is the £12,000 really worth it when some of these girls have obviously been dreaming about this since they were small?


Follow me...
fbbloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment