Monday 9 December 2013

Weekend: Friends and Fake Christmas

This weekend was my last weekend in Sheffield. This time next week I'll be on a plane on the way to Argentina. Scary.

I managed to fit lots of people in these last couple of days. On Friday I caught up with an old work friend over a Chai Tea Latte in Starbucks. Afterwards I went to meet Louise and we got ready before going into Sheffield for some drinks. We met my other friend, Gemma and later Caroline, Kat and Fred met us too and we danced the night away in The Gatsby.

Can you see in the photo that I have cat ears? It was a bit of an impulse buy on the way out of Korea. All of the students (And even Tasha!) have them and I had admired them from afar. And just as I left, I decided they would be a good souvenir to remind of of my teaching days, so decided to brave them out on Friday!
Sheffield Christmas 2013
Sheffield Christmas 2013
Sheffield Christmas 2013
Sheffield Christmas 2013

The next morning I headed to the shops to pick a few last bits that I need for my travels. Just one or two things left to get now! Afterwards, my mum and I went for lunch at Arrow Farm before picking out the meat for our Fake Christmas today.

Later it was back to Sheffield to the Coppards' house, where I got to see Pauline, or Gogo, for the first time since she moved back to Guildford. It was so nice to see her and doesn't quite feel the same without her living in Sheffield!! Some of my favourite roller derby girls came to join us for dinner and drinks and we chatted late into the night.

Then Sunday morning my mum and I went shopping ready for today's festivities. We stopped for coffee and croissants at Bragazzi's on Abbeydale Road. We came back and did lots of Christmassy activities like wrap presents and put up the Christmas tree while listening to some Christmassy songs. I feel well and truly in the spirit now!
Sheffield Christmas 2013
Sheffield Christmas 2013

I hope that you all had a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment