Wednesday 4 December 2013

Tea Rooms and Maqaroons

Today has been a good day, filled with tea, cake and Maqaroons.

I got a little surprise birthday present in the post from Tasha. Although she had been a bit cryptic and hinted there might be something coming, I had totally forgotten. I've ordered lots of boring travel things from ebay so was expecting it to be that. Imagine my surprise when I opened the package to find a macaron with a moustache! Amazing!

Maqaroon Necklace
Maqaroon Necklace
Maqaroon Necklace
It totally suited my plans today so I didn't hesitate to put it straight on. My mum and I were headed North to go to Betty's Tea Rooms. I'd heard so many people mention it so when my mum asked what we could do as an early birthday present, as I won't be here for my birthday, Betty's immediately sprung to mind!

Harrogate was really chilly today, but it was such a nice place to be. There was lots of green parks with spiky, wintry trees. The sky was nice and blue, the sun popped out and it was just the perfect winter day. We walked through the cute little shops of Harrogate while I made a mental list of all of them that I wanted to visit after Betty's.
Betty's tea rooms
Betty's is done up really traditionally, and I did feel like the youngest person there, but it was really nice. It was really busy, and waitresses in traditional tea service outfits wheeled amazing cake trolleys between the tables.

We got settled in our seat and I drooled over the whole menu before deciding on an afternoon tea.
Betty's tea rooms
Betty's Tea Room
With the tea came four mini sandwiches, a big scone with jam and cream, and a little plate of bite size cakes, including a macaron. I saved the macaron until last, especially for this photo, and sadly it didn't taste too good to me, but the rest of the food was really yummy.
Macaron with my macaroon necklace
Betty's tea rooms
Betty's Tea Room
Betty's Tea Room
After stuffing ourselves with deliciousness, we wandered back to the car via Paperchase and Cath Kidston.

I have a trip to the dentist planned tomorrow morning, who I'm presuming won't be so enthused about my sweet treats today! Oops!

Pssst...to get your own Maqaroon necklace, take a look here!

Follow me...
fbbloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment