Friday 25 July 2014

It's Tramlines Time!

Every year my lovely city, Sheffield, has a festival called Tramlines. The name comes from the fact that Sheffield is one of the very few cities in England to still have a working tram, I love the fact that it's called Supertram!

It always takes place in Summer and I remember when the festival used to be completely free. Most of the clubs and pubs and public spaces get involved, holding music events for everyone to enjoy. My favourite memory from last time was watching the Everly Pregnant Brothers do their rendition of 'No Oven No Pie' at the Fat Cat, then taking the special event bus back to town which had an acoustic duo playing on the top deck for passengers to enjoy while they travelled.

I've been lucky enough to see dananananaykroyd,  Ash and the Everly Pregnant Brothers before. This year I'm really looking forward to seeing Sister Sledge, Funeral For A Friend and Annie Mac. I also love the spirit of the city when it's filled with people having a really good time.

So here are some photos from the last time I was there, in 2011. Sophie, my friend from uni came up to stay and we had lots of fun. I can't believe how much I've changed since then!

The next time I post the festival will be over and I will be in Norwich. See you then!

Feet
Pavement drink
Better View
On the bus
Tramlines
Tramlines
Tramlines
Tramlines
Tramlines
Tramlines
Tramlines

Follow me...
fbbloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment