Thursday 3 July 2014

Weekend: Catching Up

So many people to catch up with and so little time! This weekend started on Friday when I went to see Go-go, the Sheffield Steel Roller Girls founder. She moved back to her home town of Guildford while I was away so I won’t get to see her so much. Sad faces.

We met in the rainy city on Friday afternoon with Kandy and Pepper, two other lovely roller girls. We did a bit of shopping and caught up (and warmed up) over some amazing Carrot and Coriander soup at the Forum.
Home
That night we had a reservation for Amigos. A Mexican restaurant on London Road. I’d never tried the food here before, and was even more encouraged when I discovered that it was a Bring Your Own restaurant, meaning I could buy my own tasty berry cider to have with the meal.
Home
Home
Home
Home
Saturday morning I was up bright and early to get ready for my jaunt to Nottingham. I had last minute plans to meet up with some friends from uni, I hadn’t seen Chloe since we graduated back in 2008! Such a long time ago!

We had dinner at Annie’s Burger Shack. I first went there back when I had visited home from Korea and love their burgers. They all have a mountain of creative toppings. We weren’t disappointed with ours, although I was a little disappointed in Chloe and Stacey only selecting the original burger! They felt so overwhelmed by the choices that that’s all they could pick!
Home
Home
Feeling full we went back to our hotel to get ready for the night. We went to my favourite cocktail bar in Nottingham, Cocotang, which does amazing cocktails. I tried the Dirty Cinderella and Popcorn, which tasted amazingly like buttery goodness! Yum.
Home
Home
Home
rock city nottingham
We finished our night in Rock City, our old haunt from university. We felt really old! We had a bit of a dance to some of the classics, then decided to let the young ones carry on into the night while we went to bed!

On the way back to our hotel, we had a bit of a moment where a very intoxicated man decided to throw his Subway sandwich at a billboard that I happened to be walking past. Unfortunately some of his sauce bounced off the billboard and landed smack bang in the middle of my forehead! The lovely Lizzie, being the good friend that she is decided to Instagram it before helping me clean it off! Typical!

We finished our reunion on Sunday morning with breakfast at Bill’s. We planned our next trip before saying our goodbyes!

I finished the weekend doing spot of reading and resting after tiring myself out!

Follow me...
fbbloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment